KFCTS RULES 2015
1.Artificial lures/baits only (unless otherwise stated for a special event)
- Catch/Photo/Release only (unless otherwise stated for a special event)
- Measuring tape: KFCTS Official Measuring Tape only
- Measuring tape must be permanently stuck to board. Board must me FLAT and as wide as tape or wider. Board must have 2" tall nose stop or taller at zero line of measuring tape.
- Fish must lay flat on measuring tape. Tape must be parallel to water. Fish must be on its side and not on its belly. Fishing token must be ON entry fish for entry photo. Fish tail may be pinched but you may not have your hands or arm in entry photo. No device may be used to hold tail in a pinched position.
- Length of fish = Nose to longest point of tail that is ON the measuring tape. Nose against bump board at zero line.
- Digital Camera w/Removable Media Card only for entry photos. NO CELL PHONES, FILM,PRINT.
- Must be Registered/Paid Contestant to Compete
- Must fish from kayak or SUP
- Must fish any 2 KFCTS tournaments in any combination of divisions to qualify for invitational national championship.
- Any angler may win any division.
- Any angler may win more than his own home division and any number of divisions.
- An anglers’ home division is determined by his address and proximity to nearest KFCTS tournament.
- The Top Five winners of each tournament shall receive plaques.
- The Top Ten winners of each tournament shall receive Sponsor Gear Prizes
- Largest total of fish in inches entered by a contestant shall determine the winner. The next largest total of fish in inches will win second place and so on. Total inches wins not number of fish. 2 fish can beat 3 fish for example. (Please See Note Below Rule #44)
- Each tournament shall be a 4 fish tournament total per contestant (unless otherwise stated)
- A combination of species allowed will be set by National Director of Tournaments for each tournament.
- Contestant must catch his/her own fish that he/she enters at weigh in.
- Anglers launching before stated launch time will be disqualified.
- Human power kayak/SUP only.
- Motors are not allowed on tournament day. Consideration will be given to special needs, disabled or handicap contestants who apply for a waiver prior to the event.
- Contestants must sign in and record time at weigh in prior to posted weigh in time.
- Posted weigh in time is the absolute latest time that a contestant my weigh in.
- All ties in length of inches are broken by first to weigh in. In
- All entry photos not gathered at weigh in must be emailed to KFCTS no later than 5PM of the next day after the tournament to receive credit and inches for tournament and standings.
- All Award Kayaks will be won and given at Invitational National Championship.
- Registration fee will only be refunded in the event of the cancelation of a tournament. A weather postponement does not constitute a cancelation.
- Registration fees may not be moved from one tournament to another. Please do not ask as this cost us more to do than the fee.
- Only OEM hooks may be on hard lures or plugs.
- Only manufactured weighted jig-head hooks or weighted weedless hooks may be used and rigged only in a weedless style.
- Bait or Circle hooks are not allowed.
- Dead-Stick or soaking techniques of fishing is not allowed.
- Trolling lures/baits is not allowed.
- No wade fishing is allowed unless anglers kayak is tethered to the angler.
- No angler is allowed to launch prior to posted launch time.
- Tandem kayaks are allowed however both anglers/paddlers must be registered.
- Protest must be made in writing and delivered to a tournament official within 30 minutes of the check in/weigh in time. The director of tournaments is final authority in all considerations.
- All Rules interpretation is exclusively the decision of the Director of Tournaments. All decisions of/ by the DOT are final and are not subject to appeal.
- All contestants are subject to take a Voice Analysis/ Lie Detector/Polygraph examination at Tournament Director’s discretion. Refusal to take examination will result in an automatic disqualification. Failure of examination is grounds for disqualification.
- Disqualification from a tournament is grounds for disqualification from series. Disqualification will result in possible legal action taken against disqualified contestant and or contestants. Anglers that become disqualified for cheating will also be listed as such in writing and public notice may be made
1.PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Minors are eligible to participate with a parent or legal guardian signature on the release form. A completed entry form, waiver, and entry fee must be received no later than the published entry date. All minors must be accompanied by signing parent or legal guardian while fishing, at the weigh in and awards ceremony. The responsibility and safety for said minor is solely that of the signing parent or legal guardian. Parent and or legal guardian holds harmless Tropic Bay Inc Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc and their ownership, officers and employees.
2. REGISTRATION AND CAPTAINS MEETING. Registration will be open through the posted date. The Captain's Meeting is available online at the Kayak Fishing ClassicS website and must be viewed by contestants prior to each event. An entry fee will be due when registering Online in order to fish the event. All entry fees are NONTRANSFERABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE unless event is canceled. In the event of postponment due to weather, the tournament will be held on the NEXT FOLLOWING SATURDAY unless otherwise stated by TD. Attendance at the Captain's Meeting Online is MANDATORY for all contestants. Uniform tokens will be sent to contestants by email by using contestant email address given on the Registration Form online or handed out at launch time from location announced by TD. This is a Photo Release Tournament Series. All contestants must photograph their catch with the fish on the official measuring stick with Tournament Token upon fish and clearly visible. Your camera must have Date/Time Stamp technology and the Date/Time stamp must be clearly visible on photo of entered fish. Fish must lay FLAT on the KFCTS official measuring tape. Fish tail may not be pinched or closed in any way to gain length. You must present Tournament Judge with your camera and photo must be on a removable photo storage card. Storage card must be clear of all photos except those taken on the day of event. Judges will not filter through non event photos. No printed photo of fish will be allowed to be entered. All contestants not in the Top Ten winners of each tournament must email entry photos by 9 PM of the following Monday of each tournament or contestant will be given a ZERO SCORE in that tournament.Exact fishing times will be announced at the TD.
- No contestant may be less than 10 feet withing another contestant or kayaker while on the water. At no time may contestants exchange anything with each other after launch and prior to weigh in.
Note: In the Johnson Outdoors World Fishing Tournament, the winners are determined by the toatal aggregate length of the 3 fish entered. This is a Gulf Coast Slam tournament ie 1 Snook, 1 Redfish & 1 Trout. A slam is of greater value than any 2 fish catch regardless of aggregate length of the 2 fish non slam entry. A slam beats 2 fish. (This explanation was added to offer clarification for this special event)
By signing below/clicking submit, you agree and understand the rules set forth for the 2014 Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics, Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc. event and agree to the following Release of Liability. PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the TBKFC, Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc. fishing tournaments for the year 2014 the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in tournament fishing does exist, and
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation and
3. I agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation, and
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless and agree not to sue, the Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics, Tropic Bay Inc., Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc., its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, sponsors and advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lesser of premises used to conduct the event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF AGREEMENT AND THE RULES GOVERNING THESE
EVENTS, FULLY UNDERSTAND THERE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. I further agree that by typing my name in the provided space of the electronic entry form constitutes your legal signature and is the same as you singing this agreement by hand.
Waiver of Liability Form: By clicking Submit you are waiving your rights to litigation and give up your rights to sue. By clicking Submit you also acknowledge that by doing so constitutes a legal signature and that you are at 18 years of age. You herby acknowledge that this event has possible dangers from the water, man, machine and or beast, weather including lightening, storms and wind.
Ocean kayak fishing may be dangerous and you must be at least 18 years old to enter or have parent/legal guardian written consent to do so. It is strongly advised that you wear a PFD at all time on the water. If you feel threatened in any way or at any time, you are directed to return to shore.
By signing this form you acknowledge the possible dangers, known and unknown, involved in this event and that you and or your legal guardians and heirs, are solely responsible and waive all rights of litigation, promise and swear not to sue and do hold harmless the Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Tropic Bay Inc. and or its officers, principles, sponsors, host sponsors or any company or individual involved in this event.
You also swear that you will follow these rules and report any violations to the Tournament Director. You furthermore state and acknowledge that you understand and agree with all contained and written here within and freely and willingly, without reservation and without being coerced in any way, sign and agree to this legally binding document/form and consider it to be a legal and binding contract or device. Furthermore you have read all rules and will comply with them at all times during the event. The rules are displayed on this website and that you fully read them. You agree and understand the rules set forth for the 2014Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics event and agree to the following Release of Liability.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING: In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the TBKFC fishing tournaments for the year 2014 the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that: 1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in tournament fishing does exist, and 2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation and 3. I agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation, and 4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless and agree not to sue, the Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics, Tropic Bay Guides Inc., its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, sponsors and advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lesser of premises used to conduct the event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF AGREEMENT AND THE RULES GOVERNING THESE EVENTS, FULLY UNDERSTAND THERE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY CLICKING SUBMIT YOU ARE SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT