Kayak Fishing ClassicS Online Tournaments RULES 2015
- 1.Artificial lures/baits only
- Catch/Photo/Release only
- Measuring tape: KFCTS Official Measuring Tape only (a measuring tape may be used for larger fish measuring over official measuring tape length).
- Measuring tape must be permanently stuck to board. Board must me FLAT and as wide as tape or wider. Board must have 2" tall nose stop or taller at zero line of measuring tape.
- Fish must lay flat on measuring tape. A bump board or 6 3/4" PVC sewer pipe and cap cut lengthwise may be used. Fish must be on its side and not on its belly. Fishing token must be ON entry fish or IN photo for entry photo. Fish tail may be pinched but you may not have your hands or arm in entry photo. No device may be used to hold tail in a pinched position.
- Length of fish = Nose to longest point of tail that is ON the measuring tape. Nose against bump board at zero line.
- Photo must be taken using a smart phone and the iAngler APP.
- Must be Registered/Paid Contestant to Compete
- Must fish from kayak or SUP
- Online Tournaments DO NOT count toward any of the KFC TS Tournaments and WILL NOT count toward qualifying for Invitational National Championship.
- The Top 3 winners of each tournament shall receive CASH Awards and will be dispersed in a 50% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd place and 20% to 3rd place derived from total funds to be awarded.
- Payout is based on 70% of total funds gathered from entry fees for each online tournament.
- Length of tournament will be announced at time of tournament announcement.
- Largest total of fish in inches entered by a contestant shall determine the winner. The next largest total of fish in inches will win second place and so on. Total inches wins not number of fish. 2 fish can beat 3 fish for example.( unless specified by NTD for SLAM events)
- Each tournament shall be a 4 fish tournament total per contestant (unless otherwise stated)
- A combination of species allowed will be set by National Director of Tournaments for each tournament.
- Contestant must catch his/her own fish that he/she enters.
- Anglers launching before stated launch time will be disqualified.
- Human power kayak/SUP only.
- Motors are not allowed on tournament day.
- No entry photos will be scored after close of each tournament .
- Posted weigh in time is the absolute latest time that a contestant may enter a photo for scoring.
- All ties in length of inches are broken by first entry photo received. In
- All entry photos shall become the property of the Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Tropic Bay and our affiliates and may be used in future publications and no obligation or consideration to any contestant or contestant sponsors, be it financial or otherwise.
- All cash awards will be mailed to winners in the form of a check and will be mailed to winners registration address. Lost or stolen mail is not the responsibility of the Kayak Fishing ClassicS.
- Registration fee will only be refunded in the event of the cancelation of a tournament.
- Registration fees may not be moved from one tournament to another.
- Only OEM style of hooks may be on hard lures or plugs.
- Dead-Stick or soaking techniques of fishing is not allowed.
- Wade fishing is allowed ONLY if anglers kayak is tethered to the angler.
- No angler is allowed to launch prior to posted launch time.
- Tandem kayaks are allowed however both anglers/paddlers must be registered.
- Protest must be made in writing and delivered to a tournament official within 30 minutes of the weigh in time. The director of tournaments is final authority in all considerations.
- All Rules interpretation is exclusively the decision of the Director of Tournaments. All decisions of/ by the DOT are final and are not subject to appeal.
- All contestants are subject to take a Voice Analysis/ Lie Detector/Polygraph examination at Tournament Director’s discretion. Refusal to take examination will result in an automatic disqualification. Failure of examination is grounds for disqualification.
- Contestant will not receive awards, cash, endorsements, etc. in the event he/she refuses to take or fails to pass polygraph examination .
- Disqualification from a tournament is grounds for disqualification from ALL KFC Tournaments. Disqualification will result in possible legal action taken against disqualified contestant and or contestants. Anglers that become disqualified for cheating will also be listed as such in writing and public notice may be made.
- The Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc. its staff and or employees, ownership, and sponsors are not responsible for loss or damage of any contestant personal property or equipment or phones, cameras, etc. Exercise caution and smart practices to secure your property and equipment.
1.PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Minors are eligible to participate with a parent or legal guardian signature on the release form. A completed entry form, waiver, and entry fee must be received no later than the published entry date. All minors must be accompanied by signing parent or legal guardian while fishing, at the weigh in and awards ceremony. The responsibility and safety for said minor is solely that of the signing parent or legal guardian. Parent and or legal guardian holds harmless Tropic Bay Inc Kayak Fishing ClassicS and their ownership, officers and employees.
2. REGISTRATION AND CAPTAINS MEETING. Registration will be open through the posted date. The Captain's Meeting is available online at the Kayak Fishing ClassicS website and must be viewed by contestants prior to each event. An entry fee will be due when registering Online in order to fish the event. All entry fees are NONTRANSFERABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE unless event is canceled. In the event of postponement due to weather, the tournament will be held on the NEXT FOLLOWING SATURDAY unless otherwise stated by TD. Attendance at the Captain's Meeting Online is MANDATORY for all contestants. Uniform tokens will be sent to contestants by email by using contestant email address given on the Registration Form online Or may be handed out by at a convenient location prior to each event. This is a Photo Release Tournament Series. All contestants must photograph their catch with the fish on the official measuring stick with Tournament Token upon fish and clearly visible. Your camera must have Date/Time Stamp technology and the Date/Time stamp must be clearly visible on photo of entered fish. You must present Tournament Judge with your camera and photo must be on a removable photo storage card. Storage card must be clear of all photos except those taken on the day of event. Judges will not filter through non event photos. No printed photo of fish will be allowed to be entered. All contestants not in the Top Three winners of each tournament must email entry photos by 5 PM of the day after the event weigh in of each tournament or contestant will be given a ZERO SCORE in that tournament. Exact fishing times will be announced at the Captains Meeting. Launch sites are on the tournament page of each event. Featured launch sites must be used by contestants. Contestants may request additional launch sites PRIOR to close of EARLY REGISTRATION.
By signing below, registering as a USER on the official KFC website, you agree and understand the rules set forth for the 2013 Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics, Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc. event and agree to the following Release of Liability. PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the TBKFC, Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Inc. fishing tournaments for the year 2015 the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in tournament fishing does exist, and
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation and
3. I agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation, and
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless and agree not to sue, the Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics, Tropic Bay Guides Inc., its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, sponsors and advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lesser of premises used to conduct the event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF AGREEMENT AND THE RULES GOVERNING THESE
EVENTS, FULLY UNDERSTAND THERE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT. I further agree that by typing my name in the provided space of the electronic entry form constitutes your legal signature and is the same as you singing this agreement by hand.
Waiver of Liability Form: By clicking Submit you are waiving your rights to litigation and give up your rights to sue. By clicking Submit you also acknowledge that by doing so constitutes a legal signature and that you are at 18 years of age. You herby acknowledge that this event has possible dangers from the water, man, machine and or beast, weather including lightening, storms and wind.
Ocean kayak fishing may be dangerous and you must be at least 18 years old to enter or have parent/legal guardian written consent to do so. It is strongly advised that you wear a PFD at all time on the water. If you feel threatened in any way or at any time, you are directed to return to shore.
By signing this form you acknowledge the possible dangers, known and unknown, involved in this event and that you and or your legal guardians and heirs, are solely responsible and waive all rights of litigation, promise and swear not to sue and do hold harmless the Kayak Fishing ClassicS, Tropic Bay Inc. and or its officers, principles, sponsors, host sponsors or any company or individual involved in this event.
You also swear that you will follow these rules and report any violations to the Tournament Director. You furthermore state and acknowledge that you understand and agree with all contained and written here within and freely and willingly, without reservation and without being coerced in any way, sign and agree to this legally binding document/form and consider it to be a legal and binding contract or device. Furthermore you have read all rules and will comply with them at all times during the event. The rules are displayed on this website and that you fully read them. You agree and understand the rules set forth for the 2010 & 2011 Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics event and agree to the following Release of Liability.
PLEASE READ BEFORE SIGNING: In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the TBKFC fishing tournaments for the year 2015 the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate and agree that: 1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in tournament fishing does exist, and 2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown and assume full responsibility for my participation and 3. I agree to comply with the terms and conditions of participation, and 4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless and agree not to sue, the Tropic Bay Kayak Fishing Classics, Tropic Bay Guides Inc., its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, sponsors and advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lesser of premises used to conduct the event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF AGREEMENT AND THE RULES GOVERNING THESE EVENTS, FULLY UNDERSTAND THERE TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY CLICKING SUBMIT YOU ARE SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.